Christmas rocketry wish list

Discussion about anything rocketry related or not.
Construct_VA

Christmas rocketry wish list

Postby Construct_VA » Mon Nov 30, 2015 10:40 am

I have asked my wife for an Estes Argent kit for Christmas. Anyone else hoping for rocketry related gifts?

DBMcCann

Re: Christmas rocketry wish list

Postby DBMcCann » Mon Nov 30, 2015 10:55 am

I typically leave a bookmark tab full of things I plan to get. parts, kits, motors, etc. Helps my wife figure out what I need. Right now it's mostly full of it random parts to finish off a few kits here and there.

Construct_VA

Postby Construct_VA » Mon Nov 30, 2015 11:35 am

DBMcCann wrote:I typically leave a bookmark tab full of things I plan to get. parts, kits, motors, etc. Helps my wife figure out what I need. Right now it's mostly full of it random parts to finish off a few kits here and there.

That's good idea for the tab. I need to step up my game......

DBMcCann

Postby DBMcCann » Mon Nov 30, 2015 11:45 am

Pages with options are dangerous. Learned that when I got 10 foot of 1" tubular kevlar and 10 foot of 1" tubular nylon for a 5 pound rocket's recovery harness :) (i still fly with it, and as a bonus can tow stuck cars out of mud with it too!)

Construct_VA

Postby Construct_VA » Thu Dec 24, 2015 11:49 am

I bought my son an Estes Baby Bertha kit. It's a skill level 1 and I feel it will be a good kit for him to try to build, with my guidance and assistance.

DBMcCann

Postby DBMcCann » Thu Dec 24, 2015 8:19 pm

I love that kit. it was my first BAR kit....I launched it once, got it stuck in a pine tree at the local park.... had my wife leave me at the park and take the kid home.....and I spent four hours throwing keys on paracord at it to get it down. chipped the fin, and fixed it right away. haven't launched it since LOL. that was four, five years ago now? Wow.
ImageImage

DBMcCann

Postby DBMcCann » Thu Dec 24, 2015 8:20 pm

I've gotten better. The last tree that ate a rocket I just kinda tripped and fell into it with a running chainsaw. weirdest thing.

Construct_VA

Postby Construct_VA » Sat Dec 26, 2015 7:26 pm

DBMcCann wrote:I've gotten better. The last tree that ate a rocket I just kinda tripped and fell into it with a running chainsaw. weirdest thing.

It's a good thing that you had the chainsaw to keep you from hitting the tree. Safety first.... LOL

Oh yeah, my wife got me an Estes Partizon for Christmas. Whoop whoop! I'm anxious to start building.

Return to “Break Room”