Mix Party-(March) April 2016 - Post review

Private group that only members can see / post in.
patelldp

Re: Mix Party-March 2016

Postby patelldp » Tue Mar 22, 2016 7:08 pm

PGagnon wrote:
mdutch wrote:
PGagnon wrote:Mike

13 miles NE of Syracuse.

Never said I was good with directions, did I? ;)

548 State Rt 31, Bridgeport, NY. 13030. If you are using a GPS use (548 Lake Rd, Bridgeport, NY 13030). This is 13 miles NE of Syracuse and about 7 miles from the Thru-Way.

I hope it's not cloudy, I don't want you to get lost.
I think you scared away Dan. I'm only half the way to URRG. :lol:

Hmm...2 hour drive or 20 second walk to my basement...
Dan Patell
TRA 10904 L3

mdutch

Postby mdutch » Tue Mar 22, 2016 10:37 pm

Well Dan is saying he will bring and fly his 3.72" Proteus Downscale rocket to the URRG April launch. I think he's planning on making a motor for that too.
Mike Dutch
URRG & MRSI Founder
TAP L3CC
"I just want to fly ROCKETS"

PGagnon

Postby PGagnon » Wed Mar 23, 2016 8:20 am

Dan
It's not just making fuel. We talk technique, Characterize fuel and in general learn from each other.
We would love to see you there. I'm sure that you would have a lot to contribute.
I don't want to drag you here but would like you to come.

Sincrely, Paul

patelldp

Postby patelldp » Wed Mar 23, 2016 8:30 am

mdutch wrote:Well Dan is saying he will bring and fly his 3.72" Proteus Downscale rocket to the URRG April launch. I think he's planning on making a motor for that too.

Those grains have been sitting in my box for a few years now. Need to sand them a bit and load them up.

PGagnon wrote:It's not just making fuel. We talk technique, Characterize fuel and in general learn from each other.
We would love to see you there. I'm sure that you would have a lot to contribute.
I don't want to drag you here but would like you to come.

I know, my comment was facetious. These days I only get hall passes for the occasional launch and need to use those sparingly. One in diapers, another on the way...
Dan Patell
TRA 10904 L3

PGagnon

Postby PGagnon » Wed Mar 23, 2016 5:46 pm

Understood! Family DOES come first and always.

Paul

mdutch

Postby mdutch » Sat Mar 26, 2016 10:41 am

Hi everyone,
We are one week out for our next mix party on Saturday April 2nd, so I thought I'd at least let you all know of one thing I'll be doing there. This next Saturday I will be mixing and pouring some full diameter smoke grains for my 98 mm, 75mm and 54mm cases. I'll also be going over some of the prep work I do on them.
Other than that I'll be available to answer questions and I'm sure Paul will probably be running test characterizations on some of his formulas too.

If there is anything in particular anyone wants to go over please let me know so I can better prepare to answer your inquiries.
Thank you
Mike Dutch
URRG & MRSI Founder
TAP L3CC

mdutch

Re: Mix Party-(March) April 2016 - Post review

Postby mdutch » Mon Apr 04, 2016 11:27 am

We had a good time at Paul's shop this Saturday. Although only a few showed up it was still good to do some mixing and enjoy each others company. In attendance was Paul Gagnon, (of course), Roger Forrell, Greg and Donna Jo Elling, and myself. While Greg and I put together a tracking smoke mix, Roger and Paul went over and discussed some particulars on characterizing propellant. Paul and Roger also looked in on how Greg and I were doing at times and I went over some of the situations of burning a smoke grain in your case and some of the prep work I did to help alleviate some of those problems.

The nice thing about smoke propellant is it is almost always pourable as this formula was. Roger had to leave before we were finished with our mix, so Donna Jo stepped in and helped Greg and I with the pouring of the grains each of us were doing.

Once we were finished and cleaned up Janet showed up with a couple pizzas that was enjoyed by all. After that we sat around for a little longer discussing our different rocketry projects before we all left to head to our respective homes.

As I said, even though this wasn't a very well attended mix party the general consensus was that any time we can get together and talk about and do rocketry is well worth the effort.

Until the next party, see ya!
Mike Dutch
URRG & MRSI Founder
TAP L3CC

Return to “MRSI Private Group”