2.6" screech 54mm booster

Document your build here! Big or small, simple or complex.
DBMcCann

Re: 2.6" screech 54mm booster

Postby DBMcCann » Sun Mar 06, 2016 5:37 pm

mdutch wrote:
DBMcCann wrote:Got another order of Proline 4500 in, so I started into fillets last night. 25 gram to 4 gram batch size. Had a good bit left over to glue up some other assorted items, but not so big that I could have reduced size easily.

Dave care to give me the link as to where you order this from?

RW carries it as a high temp epoxy. The consistency is perfect for fillets, and they're tough when done. After about 4/5 hours they're cured fairly hard. I did the second set at 11:30, and just flipped it and did the third at about 5pm. Likely could have done it much sooner.

http://rocketrywarehouse.com/index.php? ... 53&&page=2

patelldp

Postby patelldp » Mon Mar 07, 2016 7:32 am

I always had good luck with the 4500. If you sand it it almost looks like a grainy ceramic.

The issue with it is that not much is truly known about it. Something from Cotronics has in-depth property information...but you pay for it.
Dan Patell
TRA 10904 L3

DBMcCann

Postby DBMcCann » Mon Mar 07, 2016 7:11 pm

That's what kills me. I'm sure it's rebottled "something". But what is it? Who knows.

Aeropoxy, Rocketpoxy, and other professional grade epoxies you can get all kinds of info and limits on. I like that info.

If 4500 didn't work so well I wouldn't go near it....but it sets up nice, stays in place, the price is right and as of yet, hasn't let me down.

Rocketpoxy did fairly well for fillets for me.... But it's just a touch thinner than 4500 and ran out a bit, with just a touch of sag. If I let it sit for a short bit I'm sure I could get past that issue, but when 4500 is right there and I can just mix/pull/go..... It's hard to change.

The only downside to it is that intolerable mix ratio.... makes batching things out a pain in the ass.

Return to “Build Threads”