Blaze Rocket

Document your build here! Big or small, simple or complex.
Alexander

Blaze Rocket

Postby Alexander » Tue Nov 24, 2015 10:13 am

Hey guys let me go ahead and get a few things out of the way. I am SinfulDarkLord from TRF so if you have seen this build. I am still working on it, however I am put it on hold for the same reason that money is a pain to keep ahold of. The project is about half ways done. It has fins placed on and one side has been tip to tiped. I have not done the rest in the mean time due to cold weather. All that remains after is the nose cone and recocery hardware plus electronics.

In my last design I had it as a dual deploy method. I was thinking of waiting for the Jolly logic chute release mechanism. This way I can utilize a single separation point and allow for bigger motors.

Alright let me get some pics going

The avionics bay came first.

image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg

More pics to follow
Alexander Solis

Alexander

Re: Blaze Rocket

Postby Alexander » Tue Nov 24, 2015 10:19 am

Alright next up was the fins

Cut and airfoiled, attached with JB weld, and then some mini JB weld fillets.

image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
Alexander Solis

patelldp

Postby patelldp » Tue Nov 24, 2015 10:25 am

Looks good! Any thoughts on the really big eyenuts that you're using? You may want to consider dropping them down to tie rod ends from McMaster, seen here:

http://www.mcmaster.com/#3798K35

That should save you some space at the very least, possibly even a few grams here or there.
Dan Patell
TRA 10904 L3

Alexander

Postby Alexander » Tue Nov 24, 2015 10:27 am

This is where I am at for the moment until I can have the opportunity to save up money and get the rest of the materials.

I did two sets of JB weld fillets and one set of 15 minute epoxy. Dont ask why I did that please. After that I did a tip to tip to one side of the fins. The results looked good.

image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
Alexander Solis

Alexander

Postby Alexander » Tue Nov 24, 2015 10:53 am

patelldp wrote:Looks good! Any thoughts on the really big eyenuts that you're using? You may want to consider dropping them down to tie rod ends from McMaster, seen here:

http://www.mcmaster.com/#3798K35

That should save you some space at the very least, possibly even a few grams here or there.

Was looking for something like that thanks Dan. Man I should look at McMaster more often lol.
Alexander Solis

Return to “Build Threads”